I'm Mengqi Chen,
Graduated from MS Human-Computer Interaction program of Georgia Institute of Technology in May 2016, I worked as UX/UI/Graphic Designer at Lenovo, Alibaba Group, FieldUX, Esri and Rule 14.
I am good at critical thinking and UX design methodology, with web development skills as a bonus. Meanwhile, I collaborate with team members very well to deliver professional design and insights in my works.
Lead the UX/UI design of Beats, Athena, Peri and other B2B products.
• Write design guidelines, create information architecture, wireframes,
high fidelity mockups, and other design deliverables;
• Collaborate with product managers and developers. Extract
requirements, plan for sprints and assure the quality of products.
UI/UX Designer Intern
Work on UX design and UI development of multiple GIS projects.
• Conduct user study for 3 projects; Design wireframes for 6 products;
• Responsible for the front-end implementation of 3 projects.
UX Designer Intern
Responsible for Companion, a Cross Platform App tapping health care
• Designed wireframes and highly interactive prototypes;
• Planned user study, user test and extracted insights for demo and
Interaction Designer Intern
Responsible for Ali Money Shield, an online payment security App.
• Conducted competitive research. Redesigned the information
architecture and created wireframes to solve the cluttered features;
• Improved the user experience of help and feedback feature. 25% more
users benefited from the new version.
Georgia Institute of Technology
MS-Human Computer Interaction
2 years program, GPA 3.8/4.0.
Core Courses: Human Computer Interaction, HCI Research, Interactive Prototyping Systems, Interface Prototyping, Information Visualization, Universal Design, Mixed Reality, Game Design and Analysis..
Visual Designer Intern
Responsible for the Visual Design of Lenovo Web Disk marketing websites.
• Managed and maintained websites for 19 E-Marketing corporations;
• Delivered 7 marketing websites to introduce new features. These websites involved 15,000 new users per week.
Beijing University of Posts & Telecomms
4 years program, GPA 85/100
Core Courses: Signal and Systems, Data Structure, Computer Theory and Interface, C++, Signal Theory, Digital Graphic Processing, Digit Circuit Analysis..